Moffat County is in the northwest corner of the State of Colorado. We border Wyoming to the north and Utah to the west. Our east border is shared with Routt County and our southern border makes us neighbors to Rio Blanco county.
US Highway 40 is the major route through Moffat County that runs east and west. US 40 runs through Craig, Maybell and Dinosaur, Colorado starting at the Moffat-Routt County line running west to the Utah State line near the town of Dinosaur. Colorado State Highway 13 is the major north-south roadway starting at the Rio Blanco-Moffat County line on the south end, running north through the city of Craig and then north to the Wyoming State line near the town of Baggs.
The Yampa Valley Airport is the gateway to northwest Colorado. The airport is located just outside Hayden Colorado and is the major commercial air hub for the Communities of Craig and Steamboat Springs.
Bus service includes the Denver-Craig Bustang Route. The Denver to Craig route operates daily, including weekends. Tickets are half price for those 65 and older, 11 years or younger or disabled. Schedule | Fares
The Craig-Moffat County Airport is located approximately 4.5 miles southeast of the city of Craig, Colorado, at an elevation of 6,199 feet above Mean Seal Level (MSL). The airport reference point coordinates are latitude 40o – 29′ – 43″ N and longitude 107o – 31′ – 15″ W. The present airport site encompasses approximately 373 acres located within Sections 6,7, and 8, Township 6 North, Range 90 West of the Sixth Principal Meridian.
Craig, Colorado is the Moffat County Seat, distance from Craig to:
- Albuquerque, New Mexico 481 miles
- Casper, Wyoming 238 miles
- Cheyenne, Wyoming 215 miles
- Denver, Colorado 210 miles
- Salt Lake City, Utah 292 miles
- Laramie, Wyoming 166 miles
- Phoenix, Arizona 729 miles
- Reno, Nevada 830 miles
- San Diego, California 985 miles
- Tacoma, Washington 1,160 miles
- Yellowstone National Park 430 miles
- Rocky Mountain National Park 125 miles
- Arches National Park 259 miles
- Hayden, Colorado 17 miles
- Steamboat Springs, Colorado 42 miles
- Grand Junction, Colorado 153 miles
- Rifle, Colorado 90 miles
- Meeker, Colorado 49 miles
- Baggs, Wyoming 38 miles
Greyhound Bus Service
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS TRANSIT
616 E. VICTORY WAY
Craig, CO 81625
Greyhound Package Express: 970-826-9738
Greyhound Charter: 800-454-2487